BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Possum and Payton

Possum and Payton
I love my Bengals!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Bloom’s Taxonomy in the Digital Realm

Bloom's Taxonomy has gone digital these days. When Bloom first came out with his taxonomy of cognitive objectives the digital world was merely a science fiction fantasy. In the 1990's, Lori Anderson, who was a former student of Bloom, revised his taxonomy to better suit today's technological era. Now we have the internet which allows us almost unlimited access to information. It also gives us the ability to get our education online, meet new people through social networking and share our personal thoughts and ideas with others through blogging and twitter.

Both blogging and Twitter fall under Bloom's digital taxonomy. With 140 words or less we can let our followers know what we are doing. It can also open up the realm of discussion and become a valid tool to help people understand one another. Even through shorthanded messaging, Twitter allows us to provide simple and short information to one another. It is a live update feed to our lives. We can stay connected in this way. I recently took up Twitter to follow my favorite celebrities every move. Stalkerish I know. But it became more than just up to date information. Twitter became a quick yet efficient tool for me in order to share information to others. I didn't have to compose and send a huge long email to someone. I could just tweet them instead. I can upload and share pictures with my Twitter friends who share common interest with me.

Blogging is another form of digital communication which falls under Bloom's taxonomy. I love to read, evaluate and comment on blogs (and vlogs such as YouTube). I love to read other people's take or opinion on things. I also like the fact after I evaluate a blogger's information I can share my comments with them and fellow bloggers. I recently created a blog for this class and I love it. It allows me to be creative. I have discovered blogging to be a great way to keep a journal to share with your family who may live out of state. You are able to add pictures and detailed descriptions of trips or everyday adventures. Blogging also allows you to share your thoughts and opinions with others, but beware. Fellow bloggers can (and will) evaluate your blog and share their thoughts and opinions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment